Let us take you on culinary journey to the French countryside with Chef Michel Malecot & farmer Jack Ford. After chef show us how to break down a whole chicken, he makes a perfect pastoral meal. Hunter Chicken (Poulet Chasseur) is a classic French stew made with sautéed pieces of chicken, serve with a sauce made using a combination of duck fat, mushrooms, shallots and fresh herbs (tarragon and parsley).
- 0:55 – Flouring chicken then sauté with duck fat ( skin side down)
- 1:47 – How to cut a shallot while you brown and crisp skin
- 3:40 – Washing Mushrooms
- 4:20 – Turn over Chicken and cut mushrooms
- 5:07 – Place legs in air fryer and then coat breasts in seasoned flour
- 6:28 – Sauce base- sauté shallots in fat of chicken, flour, brandy & white wine
- 7:51 – Render mushrooms in butter, then combine shallots with mushrooms
- 9:00 – Plating
Plating Still haven’t subscribed to SMARTS on YouTube? ►► https://bit.ly/3n1Nm3j
Through our ongoing YouTube content, we will create a cycle of consumers becoming co-producers of their own food community by growing, making or sharing mother natures bounty.
Executive producer: Susan Madden Lankford
Producer: Jack Ford Polly Lankford Smith Production Unit Words & Pictures Co.
Director & Director of Photography: Chris Rov Costa Abner Vargas
Copyright: Humane Smarts
About Humane Smarts: The mission of Humane Smarts is to open hearts and enrich minds by providing opportunities for creativity and self-sufficiency in San Diego.
The French Gourmet is a San Diego institution, Traditional French Restaurant owned and managed by Michel Malecot since 1979. Thank you for watching the Hunter Chicken Recipe, produced by Humane Smarts.